We got divorced in another country. Can I enforce the divorce in New York?

Yes. New York usually gives full faith and credit to a marriage and divorce that was legally entered into a foreign jurisidiction. So where equitable distribution is concerned, you could take the judgment from a foreign country to a court in New York and ask, by way of motion for a “Declaratory Judgment” against your spouse. So for example, a foreign jurisidiction ordered your spouse to pay alimony or spousal support, but he or she has moved to New York, you can get the courts in New York to enforce this order. But either you or your spouse needs to be a resident of New York (lived here at least one year.)