It now takes about two months to complete a divorce in Arizona but that may change if House Bill 2650 is passed. The bill would extend the waiting period to get a divorce from two months to six months. It would also mandate minimum standards for educational classes for people and children affected by divorce. The classes would take the following into account:
1. THE EMOTIONAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, FINANCIAL, PHYSICAL AND OTHER
SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF DIVORCE ON ADULTS AND CHILDREN.
2. OPTIONS AVAILABLE AS ALTERNATIVES TO DIVORCE.
3. RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO IMPROVE OR STRENGTHEN MARRIAGE.
4. THE LEGAL PROCESS OF DIVORCE AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR MEDIATION.
5. RESOURCES AVAILABLE AFTER DIVORCE.