Divorce can bring out the worst in anybody. If you let it. But it can also challenge you to being your best self. Here are 5 ways that you can turn your divorce into a positive thing:
- Now that you are divorced and have so much “me” time, write that e-book you have been meaning to write and set out to market it and turn it into a Kindle bestseller. And succeed! Imagine yourself being invited to TV shows to talk about the book or being interviewed by important publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. Imagine looking amazing, healthy and happy as you do the media promotion tour. Imagine influencing other women to make changes in their own lives.
- Use some of the money you get in your divorce settlement to launch a start up or foundation that helps disadvantaged youth in some way. There are so many young people in the world who could use help in various aspects of their lives. A part of your divorce settlement – if it is a significant settlement – can definitely be put to a program or cause that benefits these young people.
- You can choose to “consciously uncouple” like Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin and work on having a positive, friendly and respectful relationship with your ex. Indeed, aim to have a better relationship post-divorce than you did when you were married.
- Buy a little dream cottage for one, a tiny itsy bitsy thing. It could be just for weekends. Maybe next to a peaceful little brook.
- Get in touch with your spiritual side, especially if this side of you was dormant because your ex wasn’t into it. Re-invigorate your spiritual journey. Research spiritual retreats, in fact, and consider going off on one.