WHO WILL GET CUSTODY OF BRAD PITT AND ANGELINA JOLIE’S SIX KIDS?
Angelina Jolie has asked the California courts for exclusive physical custody of her six children with actor Brad Pitt. Is she likely to get that? Well, it depends on what she has on video to show Brad as being a bad father. If she had been planning to divorce Brad for some time, and assuming he has been behaving inappropriately for some time, there could be a lot more video footage of him than he could even imagine possible.
WHAT CAN BRAD DO TO INCREASE HIS CHANCES OF JOINT CUSTODY?
- In order for Brad Pitt to share custody of his children with Angelina, it would have to be clear that he is not a threat to their safety and wellbeing whether physically or emotionally. So the first thing he needs to think about is whether there are videos he would not want to be out there.
- The second thing, assuming no videos exist showing him to be verbally or physically abusive, is that he needs to check himself into some type of rehab or program for people who abuse alcohol or drugs. He needs to do this before being ordered to do it. He needs to show good faith about wanting to be sober.
- He needs to hire a PR company to get the positive word out there about himself. The court of public opinion is very powerful and very persuasive. Judges watch TV and they read social media and they know what people are saying. So Brad needs to get people to be saying the right things about him.
- If he decides to give interviews (and he will be doing press for his latest movie soon) he needs to be very selective and he needs to manage in advance the types of questions asked and his response to these questions.
- He needs to avoid bad-mouthing Angelina in the press at all costs.
- He needs to keep insisting on seeing his children and having full participation in their lives as their father.
- He needs to get his children’s trust again if somehow he has lost it through his behavior. There are many different ways that he can do that.
- He and everybody else involved must remember that he is a dad and he is a father and fathers have rights and children are entitled to a relationship with their father just as they are entitled to a relationship with their mother.
It is hard now, probably, but Brad needs to channel his ex girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow who believes in CONSCIOUSLY UNCOUPLING. It is so much nicer.
By Lawyer X, Divorce Coach