Owe Back Child Support? About to File Bankrupcy? You Still Have to Pay?

No, you cannot get out of paying back child support by filing for bankruptcy. It’s like student loans. Child support and spousal support payments are not dischargeable under the federal bankruptcy code. Normally, a petitioner for bankruptcy – especially a¬†Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, has to show the court that they are current on all their child support payments in order to receive a discharge. If you file a Chapter 7, you can pretty much wipe out all your debts but usually not child support and student loans.
Read more here.